eAssist Spotlight – Shawna Pilkinton
- How long have you been with eAssist? 3 years this month!
- What interests you about the dental billing field? Dental billing is interesting to me because it is varies in so many ways! Certain insurance companies are difficult to work with, and make it hard to obtain payment, while others are very easy, and take little effort! eAssist has so many resources for us to utilize from the first claim submission, all the way to the final appeal process. There are so many things that can be done to ensure prompt payment from insurance. Submitting dental claims initially with all of the required information is huge. Making sure the coding is correct is another big one, as CDT codes can change, or even become inactive on a yearly basis. We understand that our providers need our help in getting full payment from insurance, and I love that we have the tools to do so! I believe the Dentist is there to take care of the patient’s needs, and we are here to help them with the insurance part!
- Why did you apply to be an eAssist contractor? I applied with eAssist by chance. I was moving, and the commute to my office was going to be too far. I had heard wonderful things about eAssist, but I figured it was too good to be true. I was also intrigued by working from home, and having more time to focus on my family and home life, so I took a leap of faith and applied. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made!
- What is your favorite aspect of your position with eAssist? eAssist has been so wonderful in every way possible. Everyone cares about each other so much, and I have so much support from the entire eAssist family. I love the fact that our success consultants are more than happy to help one another, and together we work hard to do everything possible to make sure our offices are taken care of! It’s a wonderful feeling to see our teams work so hard to ensure the success of the offices they work for, and to see our providers thrive in their practices. Watching our offices grow, building strong relationships, and helping our providers be successful is my favorite aspect by far!
- One interesting fact about yourself? Growing up I attended 9 different schools between 2 states! Because of this, I learned to become very outgoing, and I can hold a conversation with almost anyone!
Here’s what Shawna’s Team Lead, Tia Pearsall had to say, “Shawna is one of the most dedicated eAssisters I know. She embodies all of our core values and has truly made herself indispensable to her teams and clients. She proactively searches for resolutions and works tirelessly to get the Message to Garcia. I’m extremely honored and fortunate to serve her as Team Lead.“